Mountain vs Harbour

[Jester's note: The context of this discussion was over which place gave better yield. Only applies to those that have attained Journeyman or above. If you are still an Apprentice, you are stuck at the harbour] Julian Potvin-Bernal (University of Ottawa) wrote on Jul 3, 2008 at 7:13 AM I recently moved to the Mountain expecting great things, but no such luck. Aside from a map ninja I've caught nothing great and my revenues are not very big. I was doing better in the Harbor where there are Pirates and Burglars! Can someone explain what is so good about the Mountain? It seems like the Harbour has a better mouse list. Jadey Allen Hansen replied to Julian's post on Jul 3, 2008 at 9:02 AM Well Julian, I don't know what your using as bait and trap, but for me I am using Swiss Army trap/ Swiss Cheese/ Exploding base and I am in the mountains. In the harbour I was catching lots of brown/grey/white mice along with the occasional pirate and ninja every once in awhile I would catch a gold or diamond, or other type of mouse, but I would say close to 40% of mice were brown/white/grey. In the mountains, I am catching a lot less brown/white/grey, and a lot more of the gold/granite/diamond/steel plus I am getting zombies more often and ninjas more often. Now, this is not to say I don't still catch the brown/white/grey variety, because I do... just not quite as often. My last log for the mountain showed (and this is hunting with the above mentioned settings) Wed. Jul. 2, 2008 3:56am: A log of mice I've caught in the last 1 day 13 hours: 6 White mice, 8 Grey mice, 6 Brown mice, 24 Dwarf mice, 13 Steel mice, 14 Granite mice, 6 Bionic mice, 9 Gold mice, 9 Diamond mice, 1 Zombie mouse, and 3 Ninja mice. Total points: 43,282 Total gold: 52,590 This is about 15,000 higher gold than I was getting in the harbour, and about 15,000 higher points as well. What are your results for the harbour that are so much better than the mountain? I would really like to know as I already have my map, and if it is worth moving back to the harbour I would do that. Saving for my deathbot you know. Sincerely, Jadey

2 comments:

DaWierdOFreak said...

i've just moved to the mountians (as i just got journeysman) and i've been very lucky. Eventhough they steal stuff from you, you can catch higher levels of mice. There are more gold,diamond,granite and steel mice up there. I say that the mountian is much better than the harbour. Even if you have no luck in the begining, you will catch a good amount of mice.

Anonymous said...

23:43
I sounded the Hunter's Horn, but my efforts were fruitless. A Gold mouse ate a piece of cheese without setting off my trap.

The power of this mouse crippled my courage, setting me back 327 points.

Trap:Swiss Army
Base:Explosive
Bait:White Cheedar